Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Grealing Altheimer: Proud Greek!


Grealing Altheimer is a freshman at CU. He lives in Farrand Hall, and has enjoyed his first year on campus. Although he has had a positive experience living in the dorms, he is going to be living in off-campus housing next year with a few friends.

E=Elizabeth (Interviewer)
G=Grealing Altheimer

DORM
E: What dorm do you live in?
G: "Farrand."

ENJOYMENT
E: Do you like the dorm you live in?
G: "Yes because it's central to campus, everything is easy to get to, and I like the people that live here and work here."

SWITCHING IT UP
E: If you could have lived in a different dorm, which one would you pick and why?
G: "I wouldn't pick to live in a different dorm."

FOOD
E: Which dorm has the best food and why?
G: "Sewall because the chefs put the energy into making it delicious."

ROOMMATE
E: Did you pick your roommate? Would you recommend picking your roommate or being assigned a roommate?
G: "No I did not pick my roommate. Being assigned a roommate is better because it forces you to break out of your shell, and if you live with someone you're already friends with, there's a chance that things won't turn out well."

ADJUSTING
E: What was the hardest adjustment into dorm living?
G: "Adjusting to not being able to do homework in my room because of distractions."

PERKS
E: What is the best thing about dorm living?
G: "Living with your friends."

THE BAD TIMES
E: What is the hardest thing about living with a roommate?
G: "I haven't had any problems living with my roommate."

THE GOOD TIMES
E: In your opinion, what are some of the best activities offered on campus?
G: "Some of the best activities are: doing intramural [sports teams] for dorms, going to the rec center with friends, and becoming an active member of the Greek community."

ADVICE
E: In your opinion, what is something that every incoming freshman should know before heading to college?
G: "Procrastination is bad. As a freshman, I feel that the worst thing you can do to yourself is procrastinate because, once you start it's a hard habit to break, and once your GPA drops, getting it back up is a struggle."

I chose to interview Grealing because he is my neighbor in Farrand Hall. I wanted to get his opinion specifically, because I wanted a male perspective on the CU campus. He offered helpful insight to all of the questions, and was very easy to interview. Again, next time I would coordinate questions with the other group members in order to produce more cohesive interviews.

ELIZABETH VITALE

No comments:

Post a Comment