Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ASHLEY: The Inside to Life at CU Freshman Year

ASHLEY is a freshman at CU and is graduating in 2013. She has plans to study abroad and live next year in a house with four of her girlfriends 'On the Hill'. Ashley is 19 years old and currently a psychology major. She believes that living in the dorms freshman year is difficult but worth it in the end, due to all the new friends she has met.


Where do you live?

College Inn.


In one sentence, sum up your opinion of dorm food.

“I gained ten pounds from dorm food.”Farrand has my favorite food."

Do you eat more at a sit-down Dining Hall or a "Grab n-Go"?
Sit Down.

How many people do you live with in your dorm?
One.

In one sentence sum up your dorm life experience freshman year?
“For $40,000 dollars, you think I could live in place where there is no asbestos in the walls and no mice running around my room.”
“The walk up the hill sucks.”



What is your roommate situation like?

“At first I liked her, until she got corrupted by the crazy neighbor.”


What are three words you would use to describe your freshman year?

"Fat, depressed, Law and Order: SVU."



College Inn Housing


Interview Process:

The interview process with Ashley went great. She was incredibly open and held strong opinions about her particular dorm. She was very helpful with this investigation in trying to fins the real answers to dorm life at CU. I found Ashley as my interviewee because this semester we have grown closer and she will be my new roommate in the fall of 2010. Next time I interview someone, I would probably try and find more innovative questions and ask the people being interviewed to elaborate a little more. Overall, I felt quite successful during this interview.


VICTORIA VARGAS


No comments:

Post a Comment