Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ELISE: The CU Freshman Experience


Elise-
Elise Ongaro is a 19 year old freshman at the University of Colorado. She lives with one other roommate on the 9th floor in Stearns East Hall in Williams Village.

Where do you live?
Williams Village.

What do you like or dislike about Williams Village?
We’re in our own small community. It’s nice to be off campus and able to become familiar with people living in Williams Village. I love having the rec center just steps outside my dorm! The huge downside is the transportation to and from campus; we plan most everything we do around taking the bus.

How would you describe the dining at Williams Village?
We have a nice Grab n' Go, just because the burritos and sandwiches are awesome. But coming from a family who owns a restaurant, I’ve had better food! Oh and I'm really glad the chef station stays open until 11 AM now. Omelets are delicious.

How's your roommate situation?
I really like that I got someone out of state, from a different state than me! She's from Washington, I'm from California. I'm glad that we’re not super close friends. I feel like when you room with someone you know well it can go wrong.

If you could give any advice to future freshmen, what would it be?
Don’t room with someone that you know! And also there are so many pros and cons to living in Will Vill (Williams Village). It all depends on who gets placed on your floor and who surrounds you! So don't be upset if you get placed out there... It's a great time.

Here's a view of some towers in Williams Village, as well as the dining hall in the right corner.

  • How this source was picked: Elise is my neighbor on my floor in Stearns East Hall
  • How the interview went: It went very smoothly, I was glad I had questions ready for her and Elise was very detailed in her answers.
  • What I would do differently next time: Use a tape recorder so I wouldn't have had her have to repeat a few things.
  • Interview conducted by: Mackenzie Wolfe


No comments:

Post a Comment